Saturday, November 6, 2010

Walls, paths and a pack of dogs - Muri, sentieri e un branco di cani

Yesterday's walk to my place as the sun was low in the sky. There's a pack of very frightened dogs on my place, apparently with mange and litters of puppies. I was going to keep my distance, because packs of dogs can be dangerous, but they were even more interested in keeping theirs. I was told that there are a couple of women who feed them as well as other stray dogs in the area. Good girls. I want to get to know them. And guess where I'm going this evening? The buy some kibble. Wish I knew a vet who would spay the females and treat the mange. Will have to work on that.

La passeggiata di ieri alla mia campagna mentre il sole stava calando.
C'e un branco di cani sul mio terreno, a quanto pare con cucciolate e probabile rogna. Volevo mantenere le distanze, perche` un branco di cani puo` essere pericoloso, ma ci tenevano ancora di piu` loro a non farmi avvicinare. Mi e` stato detto che vi sono due donne che girano la campagna dando da mangiare a loro e ad altri cani randagi. Brave. Le voglio conoscere. E indovinate dove vado questa sera? A comprare un po` di mangiare per i cani. Vorrei conoscere un veterinario per far sterilizzare le femmine e curare la rogna. Ci pensero`.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Annamaria!!!! How wonderful that you are back! Well, "back" is not quite right, is it? "There", maybe? At any rate, I'm so happy to see you blogging again.
From your photos, I see that the area where you've settled is quite beautiful. I can't wait to see photos of the house your parents lived in and what plans you have for it. I hope you can find a few benevolent workers who will help you out. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Did you say "I went a bit crazy"? hahahahha......
if that means that you blog again, I think it's a good thing!!!
Son molto contenta di risentirti. Le foto sono bellissime, i cani ancora di piu [poverini...]. Che dortunati sono loro che ti sei trasferita li :-)
A presto!!!
PS. Sono a Lecco lago di Coimo, in questo momento, sto visitando la mia famiglia, ritorno domani negli USA

Leslie said...

Poor dogs. My two had mange one time and the itching nearly drove them mad!

Thanks for sharing the photos of your walking place.