Friday, December 10, 2010

A woman and her tools - Una donna e i suoi attrezzi

I was supposed to start soil and fence preparations for my organic garden tomorrow morning but, as seems to be the norm this past month, there are obstacles. So I decided to grab one of my new tools, a hedge trimmer, and attack the plumbago hedge.
I preparativi per il mio orticello botanico sarebbero dovuti iniziare domani, ma come sembra essere di norma quest'ultimo mese, ci sono stati intoppi. Quindi ho deciso di prendere uno dei miei nuovi attrezzi ed aggredire la siepe di plumbago. 
I told her not to worry that after this little nip and tuck, she would look even better in the Spring.
Le ho detto di non preoccuparsi, che dopo questo piccolo trattamento estetico, in primavera sarebbe stata ancora piu` bella. 
Less than an hour and the job was done. In meno di un'ora il lavoro era completato.
This hedge, however,  almost twice my height, is going to require someone with power tools.
Temo che questa siepe, quasi il doppio di me in altezza, richiedera` qualcuno con una cesoia a scoppio!

Can't close without a photo of dogs. Non posso chiudere senza una foto di cani!
..or two... o due...

2 comments:

Ann Osgood said...

That was a fun day...plants and puppies!

Tara said...

The dogs seem to be quite comfortable with you taking pictures!