Monday, July 20, 2009

Second leg of the journey



Before the matter becomes too stale in my mind, and because I said I would, not that I think anyone is holding his or her breath waiting for me to do so, here are some photos and a video of my return trip from Seattle.

The photo above is of the Seattle train station, which has been in the midst of a restoration for what seems like forever. All of that beautiful architectural detail was covered up by acoustical panels and florescent lights. They removed half of it, but I think the work has stalled for some reason.

The photo below is of the seating in the Seattle train station. Wouldn't you love to have one of these? I would.


The Portland train station

I'm sorry to say I don't know where this is except that it is a body of water somewhere below Portland and before the California border. Pretty vague, huh?

A wee video of a lake that went on forever. Maybe Diamond Lake, but more likely upper Klamath Lake, which is 8 miles wide and 40 miles long. I think you can hear a voice saying the name of the lake, but I can't quite make it out.


Going through the Cascades



Back in California
Done. No more talk of the train for a while.

2 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

But I'm good with trains. Always loved trains.
Last time we were in Seattle's station it was still mostly covered. Love those benches! Those weren't looking like that when we were there.

Pam said...

I like those benches too - they would be fun to have!!!