Sunday, July 12, 2009

Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole

I found a link to this video on Jane DesRosier's blog and clicked on it just to see what it was. Well, I was surprised to hear my favorite rendition of this song being played and happy to finally know who the artist was whose voice had intrigued me every time I heard it. I did not know anything about him, not even that he had died back in 1997. The end of the video brought tears to my eyes.
Go here to read more about him and how Hawai'i honored him at his death.
Sorry the print is so messed up here, but don't know why it is...

3 comments:

Pam said...

How beautiful...sad, but beautiful. I might have to post this too - I'm so glad that I ran across it here!

kate smudges said...

What a wonderful voice and an inspirational song. Just love it. Hope all is well with you, Anna Maria!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful rendition. Never heard of the singer before. Have a good week.

Paz