Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Let's try again! Riproviamoci!

I thought it had been light years since I had posted here, in my poor little neglected blog, but instead it's been less than two months.
I've decided to try again and this time around I want to focus on art, of course with occasional snapshots of the world that surrounds me, and more.
After taking an online class with Flora Bowley I got the kick in the pants necessary to move my paintings onto canvases and I've been painting up a storm in the last two months, but more about that next time. What I would like to do this time around is to post several times a week about artists who are new to me, and maybe to you, or whom I have admired for a long time, some very famous, some less so.
This way, while I refresh my art education, I keep my blog alive. Sounds like a plan.

Pensavo che fossero passati anni luce dal mio ultimo post qui, nel mio povero trascurato blog, ma invece sono passati meno di due mesi. 
Ho deciso di riprovarci e questa volta vorrei concentrarmi sull'arte, naturalmente con qualche foto ogni tanto del mondo che mi circonda ed altro. 
Dopo aver seguito il corso online di Flora Bowley ho ricevuto la spinta necessaria per dipingere su tele anziché` su carta o nei visual journals e adesso non smetto più`, ma di questo ne parlerò la prossima volta. Quello che vorrei fare adesso e` di scrivere un paio di volte a settimana di artisti che mi sono nuovi, e che forse lo sono anche per voi, o che ammiro da tempo, alcuni molto famosi, altri meno. Così facendo, mentre rinnovo la mia educazione artistica, mantengo in vita il blog. Mi sembra una buona idea.

I will begin with Mel McCuddin, born in 1933 in the state of Washington, USA.
Inizio da Mel McCuddin, nato nel 1933 nello stato del Washington, USA. 
You will find many images of his work here and more images and a biography here.
Troverete la sua biografia e immagini dei suoi dipinti nei link qui sopra.

I've watched the following video several times and find it fascinating, among other things, because I too like to find images in the paint.
Ho guardato questo video varie volte e mi affascina, tra l'altro, perché anche io mi diverto a cercare immagini nella pittura. 

No comments: