Sunday, May 6, 2012

Like a long vacation - Come una lunga vacanza

I garden, I read, I pet the dogs, I nap. The other day I realized that even with various difficulties I am facing here, these could very well be some of the best days of my life, so I need to enjoy them to the max. A vacation spent between Puglia and Naples in May/June of 2010 was also pretty phenomenal, but in a a more dramatic way. A three week trip in 2007 around Italy with my brother and his girlfriend was pretty amazing, and there have been many more exceptional times - I guess I've been pretty lucky.
Faccio giardinaggio, leggo, accarezzo i cani, dormo il pomeriggio. L'altro giorno mi sono resa conto che anche con le varie complicazioni che sto affrontando qui, questi potrebbero benissimo essere tra i migliori giorni della mia vita e, quindi, me li devo godere al massimo. Anche una vacanza trascorsa tra Puglia e Napoli a maggio/giugno del 2010 e` stata fenomenale, ma in un modo piu` drammatico. E poi tre settimane nel 2007 in giro per l'Italia con mio fratello e la sua compagna non sono stati niente male. In effetti ci sono tanti altri periodi eccezionali - mi sa che sono stata molto fortunata.
Remember the two pups when they first arrived?
Ricordate i due cuccioli quando erano appena arrivati qui? 

No comments: