Sunday, September 4, 2011

In fig heaven - In un paradiso di fichi

I have been gathering so many figs lately, basically from only two trees, that I decided to dry some. If the drying process goes well, they will be stuffed with almonds and fennel seeds.
Every time I pick them I give half to a friend and still have more than I should eat left for me. Is it possible to eat too many deliciously sticky and sweet organic figs? Don't think so!
Ultimamente sto raccogliendo tanti fichi, principalmente da due soli alberi, che ho deciso di seccarne una parte. Se tutto va bene verranno "maritati". 
Ogni volta che li raccolgo ne do meta` ad un'amica e me ne rimangono piu` di quanti dovrei mangiarne da sola. Ma e` possibile mangiare troppi deliziosamente dolci e appiccicosi fichi biologici? Non credo proprio!
Using all the necessary precautions, I also picked a tiny fraction of the cactus pears that this land so generously offers.
Usando tutte le dovute precauzioni, ho raccolto anche una piccolissima parte dei fichi d'india che questa terra cosi` generosamente offre. 

No comments: