Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Spectacular Day from Start to Finish


The day started out sort of gray, but as soon as the sun came out I took Eden and we went to Golden Gate Park.

Everything was absolutely shining, and I had decided to take my new iPod nano with me instead of my camera, because it weighs nothing and takes videos. I regretted this about 50 times because this tiny gadget does take videos, but I have an awful time using it for a couple of reasons. One of the problems is that I have Eden yanking my arm whenever she sees a squirrel - no off leash today because the street was not closed to cars - and the other is that this video-taking iPod Nano has the controls and the lens/microphone on the same end, but on opposite sides, so 1) it's very difficult to keep your fingers out of the image and 2) it's hell trying to stop the recording without making everything jerk around. After several attempts, this is the best one I got. Maybe I need to learn how to use iMovie to edit...
By the way, I don't know where the southern accent is coming from and that is NOT a burp! I am throwing my head back to look up into the Eucalyptus trees. Really.


I've taken a couple of online classes from Mary Ann Moss, who writes Dispatch from LA, and what she actually says is "I like it. I like it a lot". Love her and her blog.
Anyway, I went back home, but it was so beautiful out that I grabbed my camera and went back out, this time without Eden. It was sort of lonely without her, but it was also more carefree and easy. I got to photograph a squirrel, something Eden would never let me do.


I got close to the ground and enjoyed the view from down there.


I photographed someone else's black dog running with abandon.














Rugola gone wild.


The president of the garden and his wife went to a lot of trouble to decorate the garden for Halloween and greet the neighborhood children. They put up luminaria all the way from one end to the other, lit up the greenhouse and made it red, with scary sounds coming out of it.




.































When it got dark I walked home and tried not to be toooooo scared. What a day, and I'm not going to let Blogger ruin it!




3 comments:

Julie Pishny said...

What a wonderful day you have shared with us, thank you - so special. xo Julie

Anonymous said...

Yes, a wonderful day. Thanks for sharing it with us. Love the kitty look. I can imagine the missing pink ears. ;-)

Paz

mary ann said...

anna maria you are GORGEOUS. why did i imagine you were a raven haired minx? i used to have a community garden plot it was an unwieldy beast. now i hae a huge yard that is also unwieldy. hmmmm. Can you take me out for a walk? i could use the excercise and i DO NOT chase squirrels.
cute video. i like it. i like it a lot!